CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently took apart and cleaned my carbs following the guide on the forum here. Everything was going great until i got to the last pilot screw and found it had seized up. unfortunately being brass i also wrecked the head as you can see in the photo. 2014-11-06 14.16.39.jpg

Luckily i have a spare set of carbs that i got with the bike. The other set of carbs have a few more issues but i was thinking about taking just that one body for the jets/screw and replacing it with the one that has the seized pilot screw. I am having trouble separating all the bodies for it though. I assumed i would be able to undo "A" and "B" and pull them apart but on both sets of carbs those nuts don't want to move more than a few millimeters.

I could possibly drill out the pilot screw and then replace it with one from the spares but I'd rather that be a last resort.

Does anyone have any ideas? or know how to separate those bodies?

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
use heat to loosen

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would be more than interested in the bottom plate of an airbox, if you have one lying around with those carbs. It is, unfortunately, one of those components that are not sold on their own and mine was damaged by the previous owners.

As far as de-ganging the carbs go, heat may help. Penetrating lube and heat is what I resort to with stuck bits. If the adjustment screw is siezed I am inclined to say you are due for a cleaning and rebuild.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts