CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: hey all im currently re assembling my rebuild 92 cbr250rr and it has a tyga kit on it (rc211v or what ever its called) i got the bike in a torn down condition and im putting it back together. i notice the guy had put the reg/rec under the seat with 2 bolts, really dodgy looking and i moved it to the side where its meant to be. but here is my problem, the tail is super hard to put on and when its on it doesn't sit right.

so heres my Question, anyone else who has the same kit as me, is the reg/rec on the side of the bike where its meant to be or does it have to be placed somewhere else?

-=SCOOBER=-

·
Registered
709 Posts
The reg/rec is supposed to mount under the seat on the tyga kit, but I found that it overheated after a while there and failed.
I relocated mine back to the original position, but I mounted it sideways so it just fits underneath the tail.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine's mounted in front of the seat, half under the tank and half under the seat, a bit off-set to the right. From what i can tell it gets pretty good airflow there.
The downside is that one of the two plastic bits that stick out from the front of the seat and clip underneath the bracket had to be removed so it fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohh ok ... can i hassle you for some photos possibly? cause i cant remeber how it was and i cant see where i should mount it. thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts