CBR250 Forums banner

New addition to the stable

7K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  jlyall 
#1 ·
Picked up my new 1996 RVF400 today. After a long search I found one in excellent condition and for a sweet price ($5500). Fucking thing goes like the clapper and I found myself speeding for almost 90% of the whole ride home. The exhaust note is a sweet low growl and the pick up/acceleration is nuts. So impressed by the way these machines handle on the road. Going for a big ride up to Yea on Sunday and I can't wait to get up through some twisties.

See less See more
#3 ·
fucking sweet ride bro. green with envy right now. ;)[hr]
what cans are they?

#4 ·
Cap'n Commando said:
fucking sweet ride bro. green with envy right now. ;)[hr]
what cans are they?
What can's are they.......:p
Some weird make from Japan - JPNA or something like that. Sounds fucking unreal.

Such a great ride after fanging around on a the cibbie.

#11 ·
that was Dcottons I believe, yeah that thing looked great..but I don't really think it was THAT 'balls out'...I'd choose the original any day.

#12 ·
I am keeping it original as i love the original colour scheme and couldn't be fucked forking out for a tyga kit. I reckon the bike looks best the way it is and that combined with how the bike rides etc is why I got it. When I buy a bike with the latest kit/look that I want I'll do it. My vas deferens still get engorged with blood when I think about riding a Daytona 675 but for now, my hard on can be caressed by the bitch that is known as the RVF400........................

#13 ·
Quo Vadas said:
I am keeping it original as i love the original colour scheme and couldn't be fucked forking out for a tyga kit. I reckon the bike looks best the way it is and that combined with how the bike rides etc is why I got it. When I buy a bike with the latest kit/look that I want I'll do it. My vas deferens still get engorged with blood when I think about riding a Daytona 675 but for now, my hard on can be caressed by the bitch that is known as the RVF400........................
You're a Man after my own heart. props.

#14 ·
Cap'n Commando said:
that was Dcottons I believe, yeah that thing looked great..but I don't really think it was THAT 'balls out'...I'd choose the original any day.

Maybe we are thinking of different bikes or I remember it incorrectly. Sure it wasn't a long slung candy painted turbo charged chromed out ride. But I remember it at probably the most impressive one I had ever seen and far from stock.

#22 ·
Well, I took out the beast for a fang today and fuck me, once I got onto some decent roads and opened it up I understand why people crapped on about the acceleration and handling........fucking incredible. The dual exhaust is made by JMCA which I think is a stock Japanese exhaust. Whatever the case, the note/growl it produces is nuts. Big ride up to Yea tomorrow with a group of guys so it should be fun times all round.

#26 ·
ontik said:
Yeah JMCA is just a compliance thingo. I had it on my ciblets pipe and thus never knew what brand it was.

'tiK.

Thanks for that. Well, regardless of what the exhausts are I think they rock. Me and my girl had a laugh about the different pipes on the bike. We have an "in" joke about "one in the pink and one in the stink".
Hmmmmm, I have possibly divulged a little too much information about my private life.........must be the 2nd bottle of wine I'm on........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.