CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(cbr250rr mc 22) hello, hope you all are having a lovely day as im not. ive missed out on 2 race days and spent weeks figuring out the problem to why my bike isnt starting. first of all when i bought it couple months ago the bike was fine and ran and revved. now after a month it didn't start i tried some starting tips on this forum but nothing helped. over weeks of repairing and replacing and cleaning i decided to replace some stuff that i thought was the problem. my battery was first. helped a lot as the bike starter motor ran quicker but still no fire, i replaced fuel valve and fuel lines. still no problem but i started to smell lots of fuel when attempting to start it. i replaced ignition coils leads and spark plugs. but then the right cylinder started to catch. only the far right cylinder was firing but it wouldnt run. i was out of answers. i even tried starter fluid. so i decided to take it for a service. how much was it? $370 and it worked. brang it home and it was firing well. started up quick and revved. they said vaccum problems and carb needed tuning and balancing and a clean (they did that, thats why it was so much) but it worked. but then next day it didnt. just fired onthat right cylinder again. so i brang it back to the shop. they serviced it again for free. and said another vaccum problem so they replaced the line and made sure it was tight. it fired and worked. next day it didnt fire. im so given up on the bike. ive tried everything. and now it wont fire on any cylinder but sparks and i smell fuel threw exhaust. my last resort is you guys. please help me i will try anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
turns out im no longer getting a spark and found out with a volmeter theres only constant 12v going into my ignition coils. is that normal. is it meant to be constant 12v not pumping 12v

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have you tried testing the spark plugs out of the bike to see if they are all sparking?
On mine it was a prick to start and the result was a dodgy earth.
I worked back from one end to the other and found high resistance via a multimeter in the indicator flasher can relay.
Replaced that with a new one (not an OEM) and it's been fine since *touchwood.

Try taking off your earths on the frame and battery etc. and give them a clean up or a little scrape to remove any gunk or overspray paint.
Same with all the wiring connectors, take them apart, spray them and clean them out and put back together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I’ve tested spark plugs. Back when the bike was working it used to be a bright orange spark. The other week it was a tiny blue spark now it’s not even sparking. I haven’t checked my ground wire but I know it looks pretty dirty. Using my
Multi meter I couldn’t find any voltage going to the coils. But before I started changing the coils it wasn’t sparking before that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had the same problem and I found some of the plugs in the wiring were corroded so I went though every plug in the wiring cleaned with contact cleaner ( any electrical shop has it) and since the lean the bike stars every time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts