CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have many of you pillioned with your ciblets? I only had my mc22 on my P's so i wasnt supposted to pillion.

I did once take a mate on the back down his street but it was a short ride because he lives in a culdesac. I felt the bike was so gutless that it wouldnt be worth risking going any further.

In the poor bikes defence I weigh about 90kg and my mate would weigh slightly less, maybe 80-85kg but from what i remember the bike was at redline in first just after i got the bike rolling and feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I've been taking a pillion on my clapped out 19 a fair bit lately. it's fine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've done it a few times. Takes a bit of extra effort to get moving, but once you're up and running it's ok.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
i took the missus on the cbr125 for short trips not more than 2km. id probably take her on the 250 aswell. i forget shes on there sometimes as she only weighs like 50kg lol

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
All of the pillions I took on the ciblet were lightweight females, so that doesn't count. I did a wheelie with one (who happens to be on this forum :blush:), she was game, but I can categorically state that it's a BAD idea to do a wheelie on an MC22 with a pillion. The footpegs folded back as soon as the front came up and she almost fell off the back :exclamation::angel::blush:

Justin.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
yeah, you'd be clutching it pretty hard to get her going. not worth it i'd say. just wait till you're off the p's.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Ive had a pillion a few times on my mc19... once on a gold coast run on the M1...

Just extra weight needs a bit more on a hill but otherwise no difference?? Def helps is they can take a corner though ;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
took my misses on the back a few times, she weighs around 50kg or so but even then it wasnt exactly responsive. Have take a mate which weighs around 75 and that was even less fun.

yay for the 600 =)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like I really should have given it more of a go but i really didnt want to pillion on my P's. I didnt even think about doing it again after my first attempt. But I think my 90kg+85kg pillion had alot to do with it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i used to pillion with my fiancee on my old mc22, she only weighs 50kgs so wasn't too bad just had to slip the clutch a bit to get going. Even went for a run up Mt Mee with her on the back lol.

S

·
0 Posts
I have done heaps. It can get a bit light in the front end when go up Mac Pass though I noticed with the extra weight in the back.

Here's another pillion I picked up. Strange thing is that I didn't have many tail gaters on the way home that day.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
studricho said:

Here's another pillion I picked up. Strange thing is that I didn't have many tail gaters on the way home that day.
i can imagine lol. could be an idea alongside the mounted rocket launchers

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
It turns out that, much like my first bike, A VTR250, the CBR250 is only rated to carry 110kg (it was 100kg for the VTR).

Being that I weigh 100kg I thought it prudent never to take a pillion on the VTR250, but unless you're cutting hot laps of somewhere or other I can't see it doing -too much- harm...

·
Registered
526 Posts
+1 to the 90kg thing.
Gave my mate a lift into town once he was easily 70kg. It's now on my list of things to never do again up there with "Never have coitus with a hot exhaust pipe".......

·
Registered
216 Posts
i wouldnt risk getting caught with a pillion, unless u get your green P's. But i dont think thats issued till the end of the month? if im correct...

Ive pillion people before, the problem im having is when i change gears, they jerk forward and back lol... so i have to change the way i ride the bike just so the pillion doesnt feel like an idiot lol...

·
Registered
27,297 Posts
If you have a girl, who's built like a model, the cibbey takes the weight perfectly.

Pilloning a guy is ghey in the first place...lol

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
K916 said:
If you have a girl, who's built like a model, the cibbey takes the weight perfectly.

Pilloning a guy is ghey in the first place...lol
:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts