CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I rode my bike was sometime last month. Tried to take out yesterday night and couldn't get the push start going. Cranks up but won't turn over. Dash lights and blinkers work so I assume battery is fine. Since it has been very humid/hot I suspect moisture may have gotten in fuel. Also something I noticed was that if I don't use a hill to get lots of speed I can't hear the bike crank at all when push starting. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey how are you mate? Pick up one of these, will save you tonne of time and money troubleshooting bike:

And how to use one:

Hey thanks man, a bit confused on all the numbers but should be easy to use once I get it down. 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You won't believe it... false alarm 2.0. I guess I just stress too much. I just waited till it was hot, roll started it down the hill a couple times till the bike fired up a bit, gave it some choke and a final roll start it got it back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might be battery is failing. Cold makes it worse. Should still measure battery voltage when off vs idling.

Did you ever get it working with electric starter?
That could be the case. The wiring was shot up until now. The battery is still fairly new less than a year old. I will measure once the multimeter gets delivered. Still haven't got the starter yet so no electric start. Took it to the shop 2 days ago said he had so many customers that he was too busy and forgot. He said once he gets to me he will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts