CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

This is my first post so sorry for any stupid/noob questions :p. I have been riding for nearly a year now, I bought myself a 1998 MC22 and I've done a quite a lot of physical enhancements on it lol, and she’s quite the beauty. I recently bought some metal gear front and rear sintered brake pads since mine are quite worn out, and a rear rotor because it’s pretty damaged with deep grooves imbedded in the rotor. The bike also has braided front and rear lines. So my question is where would I be able to get my rotor/brakes changed? (I live in Sydney, Roselands). I was going to change the brake pads myself using the guide on the forum but I don’t feel comfortable changing the rotor myself and don’t have the necessary tools. What do you guys recommend/advice I do?

Cheers!

Heres a pic of the bike as well! :D
IMG_0273.jpg

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Sorry cant help but you have a nice looking bike. Red rim stripes/caliper set it off nicely :) it matches the nugget Hyundai in the background haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry cant help but you have a nice looking bike. Red rim stripes/caliper set it off nicely :) it matches the nugget Hyundai in the background haha
Hahah thanks man! The nugget belongs to my misses lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
How hard is it to change the rotor? I'd imagine it would be just like changing the sprocket, unless there's something special about the rotor.
Drop the wheel, take off the old rotor, put new one on, pick a fight with the brake caliper to let the rotor back in so the wheel can be re-mounted, and voilà.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I wouldn't touch brakes unless I knew what I was doing. You may do it yourself if you have a friend (who knows what he's doing) to show you. Otherwise, you've done well enhancing the looks of the bike, but don't mock around with brakes. You must know the correct torque to put the bolts back in, the best locktight or similar to apply when re-installing the bolts, etc.

Google for a motorbike mechanic in Roselands area (avoid Bankstown/Punchbowl/Greenacre/Lakemba areas). If you can't find anything local, A1 Road and Race in Arncliffe can do it for you. Rob has been working with CBR250 for quite a long time, has the equipment, knowledge, mechanics and tools for the job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't touch brakes unless I knew what I was doing. You may do it yourself if you have a friend (who knows what he's doing) to show you. Otherwise, you've done well enhancing the looks of the bike, but don't mock around with brakes. You must know the correct torque to put the bolts back in, the best locktight or similar to apply when re-installing the bolts, etc.

Google for a motorbike mechanic in Roselands area (avoid Bankstown/Punchbowl/Greenacre/Lakemba areas). If you can't find anything local, A1 Road and Race in Arncliffe can do it for you. Rob has been working with CBR250 for quite a long time, has the equipment, knowledge, mechanics and tools for the job.
Yeah sweet, I couldn't find any motorcycle mechanics in my area so i'll give them a call. Thanks Xcite :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do it yourself mate! There's nothing to it, just 6 bolts holding the brake rotor onto the wheel. Just make sure you tension the chain properly when you put the wheel back on! Really, it's a simple job! :)

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Pretty much. ^ And although a torque wrench is recommended you can go without. Just use new bolts or make sure the old ones are in good nick. Put some locktite on them and do them up nice and tight with a socket driver plus a quarter to half turn, theres no clearance issues to necessitate a torque wrench like there is with cams etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts