CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being the idiot I am, I got caught by a camera (red light speed) for speeding, red light (I think), and having an unregistered bike. Its been two weeks and im scared shitless. I was told ill lose my ls and have to restart but if I get my ps I can just get suspended. if so, how hard is it to do the ps? and do cameras only check foe one criterion?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Firstly, you're an idiot. Secondly, you're an even bigger idiot than originally anticipated. Speeding, running red light, and driving an unregistered vehicle.

4 points for speeding (depending on speed), 3 points for running a red, 4 points for unregistered/uninsured vehicle. So you're looking at 11 points, which means you can say bye to your license for probably a year or so. On top of this you should have about $1800 in fines coming your way.

Maybe you should stay off the road for the next decade or so, if you can't obey the simplest of laws even on your L's...

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
Firstly, you're an idiot. Secondly, you're an even bigger idiot than originally anticipated. Speeding, running red light, and driving an unregistered vehicle.

4 points for speeding (depending on speed), 3 points for running a red, 4 points for unregistered/uninsured vehicle. So you're looking at 11 points, which means you can say bye to your license for probably a year or so. On top of this you should have about $1800 in fines coming your way.

Maybe you should stay off the road for the next decade or so, if you can't obey the simplest of laws even on your L's...

for once we fucking agree!!

if you dont lose your license... i am going to come over and cut it myself on behalf of the RMS. nothing drives me up the wall more than ppl that ride unregistered on public roads!! they should crush your bike into a cube and give you 5 mins to remove your cube.

PS. if you're seriously asking how hard it is to do your P's.. oh dear... just...... oh dear...

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
The only positive here is that someone is not currently weeping over your dead body. If you'd died when running a red light, think about how that would have impacted on the person who has your unregistered bike as a hood ornament.

Its inexcusable behaviour and you make the rest of the motorcyling community look precisely how they present us on A Current Affair. +1 on the 5x5cm cube. You can sit at the end of your bed and pretend its the bloody All-spark for the next 18 months.

Reactions: aky141

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly what I expected, a bunch of douches just flailing their insult card. Firstly, no one has answered my questions. Secondly, ive been on the road for 2 years 5 months on a bike. This my first offense and I dont think I was speeding nor do I think I ran the red.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well then you are more of a retard than originally anticipated. Here's the answer to your stupid assed question, go fuck yourself with a rusty rake.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Lol, I didnt run the red light and I wasnt speeding. The red light camera says otherwise, jeffe.

Also, the L and the unregistered bike.

Forgive me while I wave my insult card some more. Instead of asking here, how about ask the police. I'm sure they'll gleefully advise you of how many doughnuts you've just purchased for the department.

Reactions: aky141

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im surprised at how unintelligent people here can be. Im not trying to weave around anything. Im just asking whether the red light cameras detect one criterion or does it detect all. As I said, I dont tgink I cut it on red I think I was just speeding. By what 5ks?

·
Registered
11,384 Posts

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Did the sign say "safety camera" anywhere on it? If so, then yes it detects your speed and the red light. You will find out when you get your ticket in the mail, it will tell you exactly what you have done. You will be getting multiple tickets.

You're lucky you didn't hit a pedestrian or get in an accident with an unregistered bike. No rego means no CTP, and if you injured someone, you would be paying off that debt for the rest of your life. Maybe stick to four wheels from now on, or better yet, stick to public transport ;) the responsibility of owning and using your own motor vehicle is obviously out of your grasp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I previously stated, its my first offense in 2 and a half years and I wasnt even going too fast, just coming home from work at 12 am. It was a speed red light camera and im just wo dering if they only catch one or both. Ive got a ctp and just no pink slip cause one indicator doesnt work which ive fixed and registered now. was it too hard to come up with an answer like that without straying from the topic? Essentially, because I just think I was going 5 over, and cut orange, do red light cameras detect unregistered vehicles? I read they do in SA

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
If it runs the plates to get your address, I'm sure there will be some jackpot noises to flag unregistered bike.

When you do this again, could you please record the resulting conversation justifying your situation with the police officer, and then post in the funnies thread? Thanks!

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
As I previously stated, its my first offense in 2 and a half years and I wasnt even going too fast, just coming home from work at 12 am. It was a speed red light camera and im just wo dering if they only catch one or both. Ive got a ctp and just no pink slip cause one indicator doesnt work which ive fixed and registered now. was it too hard to come up with an answer like that without straying from the topic? Essentially, because I just think I was going 5 over, and cut orange, do red light cameras detect unregistered vehicles? I read they do in SA
well...theres your answer.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts