CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.rideline.com.au

Looks pretty cool and I'm pretty sure this gives you a few extra ponies for the motorbike.

Would there be enough interest for a group buy?[hr]
group buy details

http://www.rideline.com.au/www.rideline.com.au/Buy.html

says we can do our own stickers... which i might ask about

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
no offence to you willy as they do look nice but their group buy sucks hairy donkeys balls...wtf...20+ $47.30??? are u fcking kidding me....u organise 20 people to get a$2.65 discount? thats just plain rude and stupid...id just pay the full price...why even bother?

·
Registered
956 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REGO-TUBE-REGISTRATION-LABEL-HOLDER-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCL-/280415633230?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414a12ff4e#ht_3973wt_911

~20 dollars including postage.
How different can it be?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Exactly, that saved money is worth a bit over 5 minutes of my time, as a rough estimate. That's not exactly worth it even if I wasn't the one taking the time to organise it.

Also on top of that, I wouldn't pay $15 for that let alone $50. I'd rather spend $5 at Bunnings and 10 minutes making one.

Sorry Willy, I don't mean you any offence. I just can't see anything positive about this 'deal'.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Totally agree, and I would have approached the company to ask if they'd make any exception if others thought it was nifty. There's no way I'd pay that much for a rego holder considering I'm using one that cost me a couple of bucks from supercheap. The bloke making those things might even appreciate the feedback from us and change his pricing structure

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
clevermetal said:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REGO-TUBE-REGISTRATION-LABEL-HOLDER-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCL-/280415633230?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item414a12ff4e#ht_3973wt_911

~20 dollars including postage.
How different can it be?
ive had 1 of these and got another lying around somewhere...they cost around $20-$25 at MCA.

even tho they do the same job as these $50 ones....they dont look as nice...

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
lol i was interested until someone mentioned the price. my rego sticker is under my pillion seat.

need to go get a holder for it but gosh i'm lazy. will probably get a ticket one day for not displaying it though. :S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your comments. Also cheers for the post Willy. We take customer/ potential customer feedback very seriously. We know the price may be high but if we could justify a few things to you guys before you come to the conclusion that we are just trying to rip you off.

1. The product has been designed, developed and assembled in Australia and manufactured in China. We are not in the business of discrediting our competitors but our parts have not constructed from off the shelf parts you find at Bunnings, or any other hardware store for that matter. The price includes all shipping within Australia as well as GST.

2. We know this is a road rider forum so only half of this may apply. The Rideline is the first of its kind to be developed for both on and registered off road use. Every Rideline comes with a dual mounting system one for on-road use and another for off-road use. Once mounted, the on-road version (slimline) features no visible fastener, which we see as an innovation as customers have a more streamlined look and no bits and pieces hanging off their bike.

For the off-road mount (Shock Resistant Flexible Bracket) it features a flexible zone, if the registration label holder comes into contact with bush, shrub or other obstructions the body flexes, as to not tear off or tear off a part of your bike. We also see this as an innovation as no other tubular style registration label holder does this. Also from our riding experience conventional cheap Polypropylene holders have a tendency to fly off when you are out bush.

3. The tube itself is constructed from high impact UV stable Polycarbonate. This is an automotive grade plastic and shatter resistant. We also see this as a plus as a lot of our competitors use acrylic, which will turn yellow in sunlight and shatter upon impact. The end caps, SRFB and Slimline brackets are all made from high grade die-casted aluminium, with the flexible zone made from UV stable TPU.

4. The Rideline also feature recessed areas for dome labels/ decals to be placed. With every Rideline sold you receive 3 sets of standard decals free. As Willy mentioned (and no Willy has no affiliation with us, we am not cutting him a deal. He put this thread up in response to being sent a link) if a few of you get together and purchase as a group or club then you will get your own custom decals made. We ultimately saw this service being utilised by the various motorcycle clubs in Australia.

5. Retailers. The fact of the matter is that if we sell our products in stores we have to set our prices accordingly. We do not want to uncut our retailers as no one would buy from them. In the same breath we cannot sell it to retailers for nothing, brothers got to eat. pOint_1's reply, saying that we are only offering a $2.95 discount, is valid, however, all of this comes down to a juggling and balancing act of our wholesale prices with the retailers profit margin.

We appreciate all who have read our response. As developers of the product we love it. However, to hear that you, the buying public are discouraged by the pricing makes us sit up and take notice. For us to deliver a better product could you please help us with the following:

A. Who does most of their purchasing online?

B. Is this the sort of product you would happily purchase (if cheaper) without seeing in real life?

C. Given the above information how much would you expect to pay for a product like this?

Cheers, safe riding and hope to see you out on the road

Leo

www.rideline.com.au

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rideline said:
I do.

B. Is this the sort of product you would happily purchase (if cheaper) without seeing in real life?
Yes.

C. Given the above information how much would you expect to pay for a product like this?
To be honest, probably not more than $20. Purely because I can't see how this product will benefit myself much more than what I could purchase alternatively or even create for a much cheaper price. I'd much rather spend that money on something of a more useful purpose than to hold a sticker.

I can understand that perhaps the particular materials used bump up the manufacturing cost, or even maybe a bit of engineering was involved in the production of the product, but as a consumer it seems much more economical to take advantage of the many other cheaper options avaliable. Even using a brittle piece of plastic tube from the local hardware store, I could replace it many times for the same cost.

To me, it doesn't offer enough of a benefit over other options to justify the cost. Even with the very small drop in price for large bulk buys.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Rideline said:

Cheers, safe riding and hope to see you out on the road

Leo

www.rideline.com.au
Thanks for the reply Leo. I didnt mean to come off harsh but yes, a better group buy discount would be better.

Maybe have a 10+ option as well.

To answer your questions:

A. I do about 99% of purchases online...the only thing i dont buy online is liquids (oil and spray cans etc)

B. Definately

C. To be honest with you considering the price of current ones you buy from the shops which are $25.00, your price of $50.00 isnt bad. I forgot how much the Vortex ones go for but im pretty sure it was $65.00+ ($85.00?). And im sure most of the members would disagree with me from the previous comments saying your product is expensive but i think its fair. $50.00 base price with a better group buy option would be ideal!

Im not sure how your sales are going now or how long you've been operating but maybe having a sale once in awhile can be very effective! e.g. BikeGearWarehouse, Kaneg, RadGuard.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
shane said:
or you could laminate your label and cable tie it around your upper fork leg.

just sayin.....
or just cover the label in contact (with approx 1cm of overlap) then stick it to the upper fork leg.
saving both extreme weight and debilitating expense of two cable ties :)

just sayin.....

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Rideline, good to see you on here defending your product and not being a douche about it.

I'm sure your product is much better than most others on the market - but the problem I have is the cost of yours over others which serve the same purpose. I once bought a dodgey one for $10, but it did everything I needed it do do and looked much better than stock. It wasn't the best tubing and just had some shitty caps in each end - but when it was on the bike you wouldn't know how poorly it was made or how little design or thought went into developing it. When it was on the bike, it looked more or less like every other rego tube on the market.

And there is your problem. You have a product which when it's on your bike doesn't show off how much design or thought went into the development as it is, at the end of the day, just a sticker holder. And unfortunately you don't have the "brand name" bling factor like Yoshi etc and can't excuse selling bullshit bling at inflated prices because of a brand name stamp.

I'm sure you have a good product, but for me personally I wouldn't pay more than $30 incl. shipping for something to hold the rego sticker.

Not to be rude. Just my 2 cents.

And Shane, fucking brilliant idea - so doing that now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.