CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the stickers from my fuel tank ... specifically the ones saying to insert only unleaded fuel, and another advertising the immobilizer system. I am assuming that simply pulling them off would leave some glue residue on my tank ... so what techniques / substances have you guys used to assist with this?

What I am currently planning to do is just rip the stickers off, then use some soap (car wash type stuff) to simply wipe/scrape/smear the remaining glue off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
the unleaded fuel only is "suppose" to be there to get a RWC but i've not seen anyone knock a bike back on it...in saying that not all RWC suppliers are as easy going as the next.

just peel the sticker off as best you can then get some turps on a rag to remove the residue. depending on how old your paint is it may leave a brighter mark where the sticker was as paint fades with time.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
remove sticker then use those cheap citrus based cleaners. works a charm and your bike will smell like oranges :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
that too.forgot about 1500,1000, 800, or even 500 grit. 10 grit is where it's at. stick at it long enough and you'd erase your whole tank too. who needs a tank anyway. it's surplus weight. pffft. tanks.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Scotty said:
the unleaded fuel only is "suppose" to be there to get a RWC but i've not seen anyone knock a bike back on it...in saying that not all RWC suppliers are as easy going as the next.

just peel the sticker off as best you can then get some turps on a rag to remove the residue. depending on how old your paint is it may leave a brighter mark where the sticker was as paint fades with time.

not anymore well in nsw at least

it took many years of people getting fines for not having the sticker despite only unleaded fuel is available for purchase at the servo , before the law was firmly canned

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
umm im just wondering why no one has mentioned wd 40 yet?
i've used it to take out stuff off my fairings and tank without it causing any damage to the paint
i've even taken out gum from my trackies using this stuff :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.