1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one of these... or want to get one?

[align=center]
[/align]

They unfortunately are only speed de-restrictors, which will normally limit the speed to ~185km/hr, but do not improve the bikes performance. They certainly don't rev-delimit!

After pulling the guts out of this one, we found...

[align=center]
[/align]

Analysing the wires and connector pinout, the ground and ignition wire go straight through to the other side.

The speed restriction signal wire coming from the instrument is disconnected, and the bike side of the connector has a 3.3k resistor connected to the black wire!

You don't need ones of these to derestrict the speed. See here...
http://cbr250.com/forum/thread-285.html

Big thanks to nakedchef who kindly dissected his own speed derestrictor, and mailed the remains to me to confirm the mystery :hail:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got one of these... or want to get one?

[align=center]
[/align]

They unfortunately are only speed de-restrictors, which will normally limit the speed to ~185km/hr, but do not improve the bikes performance. They certainly don't rev-delimit!

After pulling the guts out of this one, we found...

[align=center]
[/align]

Analysing the wires and connector pinout, the ground and ignition wire go straight through to the other side.

The speed restriction signal wire coming from the instrument is disconnected, and the bike side of the connector has a 3.3k resistor connected to the black wire!

You don't need ones of these to derestrict the speed. See here...
Destricting the Speed on a CBR250RR(L) Quick Method

Big thanks to nakedchef who kindly dissected his own speed derestrictor, and mailed the remains to me to confirm the mystery :hail:
Where did you get it please?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I've always thought this mod was completely useless. The cibby doesn't have the power nor the gearing to exceed 180kmh on any of the straight sections of track that I know of, nor in only a quarter mile of strip. And anyone attempting 180kmh on the ROAD while on their RESTRICTIONS is a fucking moron.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It does hold merit with the sprocket mod though where the original clocks are retained. Agree in stock trim you will not be hitting 180. I cant reasonably hit speed limiter on a stand let alone on actual road or circuit

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
If you HAVENT tried to go 180km/h on a cbr250 during restrictions you should be Insta banned from this forum.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
^I had mine up to $1.60 once on my greens up old pac. Other than that was $1.40 a few times and never really any faster.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
^I had mine up to $1.60 once on my greens up old pac. Other than that was $1.40 a few times and never really any faster.
155 for me on the circuit. 165 on a (cough) private airfield. Anything above 150 and my frame works like a windsock. If I have enough airfield and an hour to spare I could see speed limiter eventually. but speeding on public roads is stupid, right?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
^I'm all for speeding on public roads. Given the right time and place and within reason. ie, quiet or deserted roads of appropriate surface and conditions and not being an idiot (eg 100 over) pulling 110-120 through the 80 sections of ones favourite roads is acceptable given your skills are appropriate and your equipment maintained.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have my opens and live in a quite country area and wanted know if they are still available as I would like one for my wife's bike as I plan on doing the 14/53 conversion.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you can do a sprocket mod I reckon you can solder in a bit of wire and a resistor. Have not seen a plug and play delimiter for ages.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah I can do it Just want something that was easy to put in/remove. I'm planing on installing a koso gauge before the sprocket mod so that will void the derestriction anyway. Thanks anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts