of the weekend .

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Myles, Davetrix, Snedly and maybe Grahamo will be going on this too.
First weekend in August (Bank holiday one).

They're always great craic!

I text a few peeps, but no reply yet.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
well like i said mr j of the a if my shock is still there and working i'm in!!! :headbang:

lets see who's RSV is louder Mr Duffy :newspaper::nod:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I mis read the title of this thread as " riders rally against bank holiday" was all like WTF are these crazy up to trying to get rid of a day off.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
it's a location to location spin around the country that is held over 3 days.....you only have one location to start with than you head there and get another etc...it's good craic and you'll end up doing around 1000 to 1600 kms

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
last year we did 1,650km's from the Friday afternoon to the Monday afternoon. You get sent all over Ireland and very very very little of it is done on motorways.
Lots of decent twisties with the odd horrible farmer country road with grass growing in the middle.

The nights out last year were hilarious. We gate crashed a wedding lol then got booted out. Hit some small town hard on the last night and left owen on some street haha

At the moment we have... JayD, me, Osiris, Davetrix, Myles (fat bastard), Zane as definites, then Joey, Grahamk, Grahamo and Taidgh as maybes.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
still the same, bouncy as fuck but in saying that i haven't used it at all over the weekend so thats good i suppose, but i'm unsure if it will hold up for the 1600 kms (give or take) on the ralley...i hope to get one before than....that's if i can get one at the right price!!!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
i recon its just needs to be adjusted, are the rear shocks known for been shit?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
i'm not too sure about the readjusting, it's like its just gone limp and i was just having a look yesterday and noticed that the linkage is corroding and has loosened and worn where the bolt goes through so this is also affecting the positioning of wheel and also a slight change in ride height which could account for the uneven wear of the tyres.....i'll just bite the bullet and get one for cheap!!!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
if you want call over could pull it out have a proper look, then we could look at the rear shock

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Whoah .. this sounds sweet as!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would ya take a foreigner that rides like a grandpa?

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
definitely wally! more the merrier. Go and book your ferry over. checkpoint is open from 4pm to 9pm on friday 30th.
we haven't arranged when we're all gonna meet up yet.

snedly.. get over to zane's and let him help ya. otherwise, stop bitching like the lil girl you are hahaha

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
oooooooooooi ok i was thinking about it a bit more....seeing as no leaks seem to be coming from the shock itself and also with the discovery of the faulty linkage it could just be the linkage that needs replacing, i've seen a few going cheap on ebay and also on the rsv sites, but yeah man i'll take a visit over to you one of the days...i'll send ya a txt or call you but i defo need to replace the linkage fo sure, as i can see the potential for disaster happening with it failing!!!!![hr]
oh and i ain't no bitch skeletor! :)

and yeah Waldo get yer arse over here ya bollix!!!! sure you can Myles can ride along together ....well not sure if he could keep up with you, even though he's getting a rocket to carry his fat!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts