CBR250 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Richo likes living life on the edge. If you feel the need to ask about the dangers involved in wet road riding, clearly you're a bit saner than him (not a difficult achievement :blush:).

Riding in the wet is a FUCK LOAD less forgiving than the dry. I agree with what other people have said, you not only have to look out for reduced traction but also cars, who tend to drive even MORE aggressively for some reason when their stopping distances are doubled and their windows are fogged up.

Unlike riding on arrowmaxes, riding on wet roads won't make your bike explode, but I'd stay off wet roads until you're confident on dry ones at the very least.

Justin.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
on this topic, fuck me but it is wet today. first time i've ever had to ride with the rims completely covered in water. i hit a puddle pretty fucken quick and wave of water hit the radiator and splash over the top. not a fun day to forget your wet wether gear

· Registered
8,753 Posts
I love riding in the wet. It was fucking hammering down on my way home from work today - and if it weren't for my laptop in my bag I would have gone for a bit of a ride.

Then again, I love running and walking in heavy rain too... Granted, there is less change of serious injury with those than riding.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
I know what you all are saying about enjoying wet weather.

When people ask me about what do i do in wet weather when i ride, I just say "when ya wet, ya wet" Once you get soaked you dont care. Starting out the ride when its raining is the worst bit, kinda like getting in a cold pool once your genitals are wet it all good.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
yeah, its terrible when you are trying to not get wet, but once you're in, you're all in.

i saw a dude on a cbr 250 the other day in the rain. gave him a massive salute. was pissing down...

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Today while it was pissing down, I gave the nod to a guy on a bike who was stopped at a red light when my light turned green. I pissed my pants laughing when he gave me a over exaggerated double thumbs up and a air punch. I could see he was as happy to be in the rain as i was.:(

:lol::lol:

· Registered
3,736 Posts
hehe i started giggling like a school girl last week when i got my first soaking of the season. it was like, theres nothing else for it, you're balls deep now, might as well enjoy it...

· Registered
8,753 Posts
Speaking of balls deep, it was raining so hard on my way home that the water seeped in through my wet weather pants, but then pooled in my crotch. So I was really really balls deep in the rain.

When I put my legs down to park all the water than had pooled around my nuts ran straight down my legs.

I was soaked and pissing myself laughing, while it felt like I had actually pissed myself.

· Registered
179 Posts
theres wet, like " oh its just sprinkled for half a day and roads are sort of wet" and then theres wet like this weather we are having now, i wouldnt even bother in this stuff, if you do you would wanna be mega cautious coz its harder to get out of sticky situations...

but ur call.

· Registered
194 Posts
Riding in the rain is kinda tricky!! cause one the road is slippery, two its hard to see as ur helmet fogs up, three u gota pay extra attention as drivers may or may not see u!! i wouldnt advice riding for the first time but u should ride in the rain afew times to atleast so u can get some wet riding experience and i think it makes u a better rider! just dont lean to much ayy ;)
hehehe. goodluck

· Registered
147 Posts
richo said:
koiom said:
**waits for Richo to chime in**
My reputation precedes me..

Riding in the wet == Fucken ace. So much more feedback from the bike. And far more funtiems to be had.[hr]
viper33 said:
oh before you ride in the rain, make sure you dont have arrowmaxes as tyres

Lawl if you ride in the wet on arrowstax you'll catch fire and get aids.
I ride with Arrowmaxes rain hail or shine, I maximum mileage from them. They are okay tires, not brilliant but they will do.

· Registered
23 Posts
Sneddy said:
Speaking of balls deep, it was raining so hard on my way home that the water seeped in through my wet weather pants, but then pooled in my crotch. So I was really really balls deep in the rain.

When I put my legs down to park all the water than had pooled around my nuts ran straight down my legs.

I was soaked and pissing myself laughing, while it felt like I had actually pissed myself.
:lol::lol::lol:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.