CBR250 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Dude.....what shock is that??
It's a Fox Twin Clicker, rebuilt and re-valved for the this bike and my weight, it has an Eibach 875 pound spring on it as well, haven't done any serious riding yet but it feels nice thus far.

This bike will be for sale in about 6-8 months so if you're keen, save your pennies.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Lane, that looks fantastic mate.

you know me. I'm pretty conservative and love the original 90s looks of the RVF and the MC22's but this does look really cool. a really nice modern version of the RVF. The only thing personally I'd do is have the tyga twin stack exhaust on it as I love those, but in reality the one you've put on probably matches better with the overall more modern look of the bike.

Well done mate. Hope you have got or will get your licence back soon so you can ride it around. :)

it's probably the nicest rebuild I've seen on here. maybe that canandian blokes MC22 was on the same level. but this looks great (and you also know I generally fcking hate repsol replicas...).

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
Absolutely oustanding. I'm loving the project work updates of late, breath of fresh air on here. Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing Lane!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Absolutely oustanding. I'm loving the project work updates of late, breath of fresh air on here. Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing Lane!
Well you're in for a nice surprise my friend as the NSR has begun reassembly!!! Update to come.....

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
Well you're in for a nice surprise my friend as the NSR has begun reassembly!!! Update to come.....

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

do you still have a separate thread for that?? If not, you should make a new one! Fuck yes NSR build!!!

I will own one, one day...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
well done on the rebuild, the 400 does indeed look boss playa!

You would be one of very few that are rocking that 1000RR kit, true?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Been out for several rides the last couple of weeks and had a couple of issues, bike wouldn't rev past 8k but had a very strong midrange, i knew bike needed re-jetting so I changed the standard 115/118's to 128's all round, still no good.

Took the carbs off again and found three of the four vacuum slides weren't holding pressure and snapping straight back, got that sorted and it's revs out clean and hard now, good strong midrange and pulls hard all the way to the redline. The porting and head skimming have definitely made a big difference!

First impression is it feels faster than my track bike but it may be hard to gauge with the limited riding i've done on it so far.

Got the bike blue slipped and rego'd today and it's a shitty wet night!! Boo!!!!

Hopefully tomorrow morning is better and i'll take her out, then i've got a bucks day on so the rest of the weekend is a write-off!

241 - 260 of 284 Posts