CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been thinking about this for a few days now but here goes...

if your discs are undersized(mine are both 3.4mm) is this really a safety issue?

will it effect performance/safety for normal road use?

and one last question, would i be better off with brand new ebay discs, or slightly undersized oem ones?

only going to be for a few months until i upgrade, so unsure whether i should really spend a few hundred bucks on discs when they are only a tiny bit undersized..

cheers

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
If you use undersized disks, you will get die, get aids and catch fire.

In that order.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Unfortunately you won't be able to transfer registration to sell the bike with worn discs anyway, so you may as well fix it now and not worry about whether its a safety issue.

From the point of view of safety though, if the discs thin a bit then they're going to fade very quickly as the brakes heat up more easily, if they get way too thin then they can collapse inevitably causing a fairly serious accident in which you suddenly lock the front wheel in a way that you can't fix.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Tell me how you feel when you hit a truck :D

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Drew said:
Unfortunately you won't be able to transfer registration to sell the bike with worn discs anyway, so you may as well fix it now and not worry about whether its a safety issue.
+1

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was thinking of upgrading to a sports tourer like the blackbird or something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts