For all attendees these rules and guidelines are non-negotiable.
Because of police regulations the suggestions and guidelines listed here are voiced by the RAB are a part of an agreed plan that was constructed outside of the MCC's jurisdiction, in order to avoid legal action being taken against Rob Colligan as the Chairman of the MCC and sole organiser of the Rally.
Andrew Stoner and Barry O'Farrell have comfirmed their attendence in order to speak with us and have their own say. Also remember the letter writing campaign must NOT stop just because we are having this rally.
It is extremely important to realise the MCC has given instructions that we are not to organise any “Slow” ride or cavalcade.
Guidelines for the Day
1. Approximately 50 riders are required to attend the area of Parliament House and Hospital Rd behind Parliament at approximately 3 - 4 am in order to start securing the parking spaces.
2. Because of the volume of bikes we expect to be in attendance around Parliament, the plan is for riders to find somewhere safe to park in Hospital Road or elsewhere and walk to the Rally with your helmet on.
3. At 10am there will be a van located on Hospital Rd that will be distributing hand held placards and other materials for the protest. This is a Black and Green Ford Transit Van.
4. Mashalls will be positioned around Parliament and surrounding streets guiding bike traffic, please be respectful and listen to their directions.
Note: The ***** on Bikes at this stage are being suggested as the marshalls. We still need another 6 marshalls.
5. All members walking to the rally are asked to wear their helmets as a distinguishing feature and insignia of being a motorcyclist and particuipant in the protest.
6. The official protest is allocated to run between 12pm - 1pm.
Note: As per any motorcycle event, please ensure you have a FULL tank of petrol... do not run out of petrol.
Note: If you cannot attend in the morning, please arrive outside Parliament House by 11:50am and join the rally at Parliament House.
7. THERE WILL BE A STRONG POLICE AND MEDIA PRESENCE! Idiotic behaviour will not be tolerated under ANY circumstances. Anyone committing an offence should expect no leniency from the police and no support from the MCC of NSW.
8. If approached by the media and asked why you are protesting you are to direct ALL questions to Rob Colligan of the MCC of NSW who will be on the staging area with the microphone. This will avoid people making silly comments which will be used as stock footage and harm the goal of the rally.
Note: if you MUST make a comment, it must relate to the CTP issue. WE ARE PROTESTING ABOUT CTP AND NOTHING ELSE.
9. In order to cover costs imposed by Sydney City Council, The Police and The Royal Botanical Gardens Trust, a hat will be passed around asking for at least a gold coin donation.
Note: Please remember the MCC gets no official funding from the Government and all costs are being worn from their own (under funded) treasury.
10. If the number of bikes is as large as we hope, do your best to find legal parking.
Note: Any footpath parking may attract a fine of around $90, so park at your own risk and may attract undue Police attention.
11. All groups riding to Parliament are responsible for their own actions and will receive no support in antisocial behaviour from the MCC in any way, shape or form. Use your head, don’t do anything stupid!
12. This, we hope, will be one of the largest motorcycle rallies in NSW history. Let’s make it count and not further negative stereotypes that have lead to our being discriminated against in the first place.
You know the time, you know the place, you know the reason. We NEED you there and anyone else you can bring. Lets make this THE Protest that tells the Government enough is enough.
Hope to see you there!
Kindest Wishes, Stay and Ride Safe.
From the Riders Against Bureaucracy Team