CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have recently just bought a 1990 CBR250RR for a motorcyle dealership in Perth WA. It came with 6 months rego, but no paperwork. It looks in very good condition (17K km), and it was only for getting me back and forth to work and the occasional blast, so I wasn't too concerned about that.

However, I've just noticed that on the VIN plate it mentions a company called 'Southside motorcycle dismantlers' QLD and alarm bells started ringing!

Has anyone heard of this company? Is this more than likely a Frankenstein bike made from other wrecked bikes, or are they just the importers? Also, i've noticed that on the plate it states that the bike is a '1990 CBR250R' Although its graphics state that its an 'RR' and it has the double disk brakes at the front.

To be honest, as long as it continues to run and give me the occasional smile i'm not too bothered........I just dont like thinking that I've been ripped off, especially from a reputable dealer!:guns:

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
you will find alot of grey imports have been imported thru them, they seem very nice to deal with, very honest..
your bike is a RR, ve have to ring them to quiry the same thing in the past...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diggity said:
you will find alot of grey imports have been imported thru them, they seem very nice to deal with, very honest..
your bike is a RR, ve have to ring them to quiry the same thing in the past...
Thats reassuring. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah well, thats a relief. As soon as I seen 'dismantlers' I was worried!
Thanks for the input, i'll get back to enjoying the bike!

They should really change their name, something wrong with 'Southside motorcycles'!?
:)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Southside Motorcycle Dismantlers used to be right next door to a previous employer of mine...nothing to worrry about...they did also tear apart bikes like any normal wreckers would but they also did a lot of importing there...they have since packed up shop and I believe that their wrecking stock is all in a wreckers just down the road from where they used to be and is now owned by someone else.
Last time I was up that way the quarantine bay for importing there was still on the side of the building too (always thought this had to be done on the docks etc but I don't know much about importing).
[hr]
also, my 250 was an import from them too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts