CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ORDERS ARE IN
So theres been a number of posts here with people asking where to acquire the cheapest tyre from, where to get cheap fitting etc, etc.

I have called over 10 bike shops around my area asking for a set of bt-45's and received quotes starting from $320 and ranging to $360 WITHOUT fitting. My last call was to a guy named Craig White who is a distributor of bridgestone, whose number I got off CammyGTIR in an earlier thread. He has a warehouse based in Ingleburn and has the cheapest tyres I have come across, and better yet he does FREE fitting.
I was quoted $120 for the front and $160 for the rear for bt45's. He also does does 090's, 003's and a few others which he listed.
He opens the warehouse every thursday night from 6:30pm to 10:30pm where he sells and fits the tyres.

I've placed my order in for a set of bt45's for next week, would anyone else be interested? He may possibly give a discount if we get a few people in on it.

Details:
supplier: Craig White
pickup date: Thursday 8th July 6:30pm - 10:30pm

Buy list:
name: ninexz
bike: MC22
front: BT-45
rear: BT-45
-----
name: Matt
bike: VTR250
front: BT-45 110/70-17 54h
rear: BT-45 140/70-17 66h
-----
name: Fitryder
bike: 06 600rr
front: Pilot Power 120
rear: Pilot Power 180
-----
name: Aduro
Front : BT-45
Rear : BT-45
-----
Name: MickyDicky
front: BT-45
rear: None

Maybes:
name: Hellessey
front: BT-003/BT-090
rear BT-090
-----

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
RE: [SYD] cheap tyres from bridgestone importer.

Can you pm me his number, because I only got 7000kms on my demons atm

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Craig White is the guy to see, i think the he has the warehouse open late on a thursday night is memory serves me correctly. I bUy my slicks from him.

0413 461 353

http://www.wrp.net.au/index.html

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

yes...i should buy some slicks...need a spare set of rims first! :(

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

I don't have money atm and my wheels are fairly good still has about 3-5 mm on treads?

Depending on how much it would cost I might buy it because I got a plug on my rear wheel, bit scared... lol:p

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Yeah Craig is far and away the best for us Sydney folk.

I'll be getting a pair of BT-003's to try out soon!

·
Registered
10,134 Posts

so in for a group buy...

i'm down to like 1mm of tread on the vitty.

if we get a group buy happening, i'm totally down for car pooling the fuckers over to the ghetto. i mean, ingleburn.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'd likely be in. I dunno how much tread I've got left, but I've felt the back kick out a few times =/
BT-45s? What decent but wallet friendly? I'm kinda poor right now.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

alright, well if its to happen we all have to decide by monday. He is ordering the tyres in on tuesday as he doesn't have any bt45's in the shop atm.
Have a think about it and do some research if you need to, but no sitting on the wall, it has to be either yes or no and I'l let him know. The sooner the better.
If you can't afford 45's he has some skinko's which are cheaper. But the 45's are the best value for what you get.

·
Registered
15,539 Posts

DONT GO SHINKO's!

I had them on my 250, and after going from BT090's and being told Shinkos are just as good I nearly wanted to skull fuck the bloke that sold em to me!!!

BT45s or BT090s! They're the bomb - and if you can afford 090s, fuckin dewit! I'll be getting a set of BT090s on the Tard when my current tyres are dead. So thanks for the info - cheap tyres are always a good thing!

·
Registered
548 Posts

BT-090 vs BT-003's.. Difference? Which is better?

Also, are BT-45 Battlax's any good? That's what I've got on at the moment..

Tried to call Craig White and left a message. If anyone has prices on the BT-009's that would be great.
Does he take the wheels off the bike, or do you have to take the wheels in?

Cheers

·
Registered
15,539 Posts

The BT45s are a great tyre, they are sport touring tyre, so they have a less aggressive profile (tips in slower) and the tread lasts longer.

The BT090s are a sport race tyre. More aggressive profile (tips in much faster) and has more grip, but the tread wears out faster than a BT45 because of this.

BT003s aren't really suitable for a 250. If used only as a track bike then maybe, but in regular road riding you probably wouldn't get enough heat into the tyre to make it stick to the road well enough.

Figure out what you want - life vs grip. more predictable turn in vs Fast tip in (only unpredictable because you wouldn't be used to it).

Then lastly - cost. BT090s are more expensive than BT45s. So not only will a BT090 not last as long, it will cost you more for less time.

That said, I fucking LOVED the BT090s I had on my 250RR and will be getting them again on the Tard. For me it's worth the little more money, and the extra grip outweights the less kms. I've ridden 250s with BT45s and they're a great tyre and you can have a whole heap of fun on them, but my personal preference is still the BT090.

·
Registered
728 Posts

Could any one enlighten me as to how long these or any tyre will last in its packaging, ie. not on the bike.

Felt the rear go loose a few times yesterday along Galston Gorge/Berowra Waters. Checked tread and im guessing ill need a new rear in a few thousand k's, front has got a little more left in it.

Would it be a good idea to buy these tyres now and keep them in their wrapping until i need them, or would they dry out/crack? Rear one would go on in about 3 months, the front one before the end of the year.

Only asking as i dont want to miss out on a good price, however Ninexz count me out for the time being.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Thanks alot for the info Sneddy, I appreciate it. On the previous page of this thread a price was quoted of $160/220 for the BT-003.. Would the BT-090 be less than the BT-003's?..

Yeah the 003's look sexy, but probably wouldn't be great in the wet (not that I ever ride in the wet, but still probably way overkill for an MC22)..

Might try the 090's because I'm just getting started with road bikes so I'd rather pay a little bit more to get better grip :) Plus I'll probably get rid of the MC22 in a few months so the tyre life won't bother me :p

·
Registered
11,384 Posts

Wow, this all sounds a bit underground tyre party for me. Secret warehouse meetups after dark, special prices etc.

At least if they fell of the back of a truck they'd roll for a while :D

Probably a russian smuggling ring. Or rubber ring. Or tyre. Or something.

I need coffee.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Just called Craig White again and he's a nice guy and very helpful. He's at Ingleburn Thursday nights from 6:30-10:30PM, and other times if you make an appointment.

These are some prices he gave me off the top of his head (he wasnt in front of a price list so dont take them as gospel)
BT-003 Front - $150
BT-090 Rear - $220 (hes not selling the 003's until the 090's are all sold)
BT-45 Front/Rear $110/$150
Shinko 006 - $140/180 - he said these are good value for money but they don't look all that great to me so I'm definitely staying away from these..

Only other tyres I have found in the last hour or so that are decent and compare in terms of price are Pilot Powers for $295 shipped from America (that's a 150/60 rear though).. But that would involve a 1 week + wait, plus Craig takes the wheels off, fits the tyres, balances the wheels and puts them back on for the price quoted, which is a fucking good price.. And the BT-003/BT-090 front/rear combo would be marginally better than Pilot Powers from what I hear anyways..[hr]
Hessian said:
Wow, this all sounds a bit underground tyre party for me. Secret warehouse meetups after dark, special prices etc.

At least if they fell of the back of a truck they'd roll for a while :D

Probably a russian smuggling ring. Or rubber ring. Or tyre. Or something.

I need coffee.
lol well he's the importer for bridgestone, so he's probably not meant to be selling to the public.. But then again, if he's selling 100's of Bridgestones to shops, I don't see why he would be so desperate to meet people on Thursday nights to fit tyres for small change.. Sounds a bit sus but oh well.. I'm a sucker for good prices :D

·
Registered
9,321 Posts

Sage said:
Craig White is the guy to see, i think the he has the warehouse open late on a thursday night is memory serves me correctly. I bUy my slicks from him.

0413 461 353

http://www.wrp.net.au/index.html
Do you know how much slicks are from him for 600cc + bikes? might be worth my while getting some posted up.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Call him now.. I just spoke to him so he should be available.. He's the importer so the prices will probably be the best you'll find anywhere..

1 - 20 of 75 Posts