CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
Just taking sprockets and chain off at the moment (or trying to..) and I've taken the nut off the front sprocket but there is that metal sun-shaped clip thing stopping the sprocket from sliding off.. How do I take the sprocket off from here?..

I've tried pulling the metal clip out with pliers and tried folding it over but can't get underneath it with a screwdriver or pliers..

Cheers

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Have you tried licking it?

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
dayeve said:
Have you tried licking it?
Make sure that it's running and in gear to evenly distribute the lickage.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
is it not a surclip? get some surclip pliers and you'll be able to get it off.

·
Registered
10,141 Posts
I've seen about 4 engines and they never had a circlip... it was just a bolt into an internal thread onto a 12 spline or similar.

after you take the bolt of, give it a couple of light wacks with a hammer and 1/2" extentsion so that should loosen it... you should then be able to take it off by hand.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips. I already got it. In another thread people told me to fold a clip over before pulling the sprocket off, so I was thinking that there was a clip on there, but there wasn't..

And it didnt come off easily because I wedged 4 drillbits between the rear sprocket and chain so the chain didnt move when I was trying to loosen the front sprocket nut (yes it was in gear but the chain still moved because the nut was so tight).. But I got the front sprocket off, then continued to cut the chain (who needs a chain breaker when you have bolt cutters?) and take the rear sprocket off :D

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts