CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a name. Thank you for all your ideas i'm hoping this now works.

This has been about 3-4 months in the making and I just want to say thank you to all the people doing projects (present/past) as they are all awesome and inspiring.

I got my L's in December at the ripe old age of 29 thanks to my lovely fiance booking me in at the local RTA. I couldn't think of a better bike than the good old ciblet for honing my skills as I made the transition from dirt biker to road rager.
I now have my P's and the weather in Orange is too cold to ride so it's time to rebuild.

I am in no way a mechanic but as Henry Ford once said, "wheather you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are correct". Plus I received a distinction fifteen years ago in small engines working on a single cylinder twin valve engine so i'm sure the four cylinders will be much the same. :s

So the project begins....

A few before photos

I've enjoyed shopping for parts as you can see

Whats in the box, what's in the box???

I now have a spare 17mm 1/2 inch drive in hex bit for undoing fork nuts, PM me if you're interested and i'll send it off. Free of coarse.
Shiney :p

Bible. $8 to have it bound at office works. I later found out my bike used to be the black one (No.7).

Just a tip for those who love bargains, if you happen to pass a construction site under demolition (especially hospitals or places with large kitchens) ask the site manager if there are any stainless steel bench tops being thrown out.

Score.

Time to get naked

Something I believe noobs like myself can benefit from is purchasing a permanent marker and some white electrical tape to label all electrical connections so you know what goes where when re-assembling begins and of coarse photos, photos, photos.

Wheels and zorst gone.

Off with the sub frame.

I must say when I was younger I bought a 185 piece tool kit for $70 and it worked a treat but having quality tools is FREAKING awesome. You can almost hear your nuts and bolts giggle with glee as you place pressure in an anti-clockwise direction. Where was I, yes more photos.

Handlebars and forks.

Airbox. What airbox?

And this is how it now looks and will stay until Saturday.

As you can see the electrical tape comes in handy.
Having a ball so far, next step is the radiator and engine.
Can't wait. :D

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
RE: Project ???

Got my L's in jan, Now I've got my P's after three months.
Your bike has the same scheme as mine and color except my wheels are black, Not bad ay.
PROJECT CAUSE I CAN.
I Will be doin mine soon, Just got to sell some STUFF.:p
Have the money now but thats my savings.
GL with the project, Hope all go's well.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts

I'll take the fork key! :D[hr]
will give this a proper read through when I get off my phone and can see pics. found out the other day that my front guard is original and that the bike used to be a tri colour as its blue underneath.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Aduro said:
I'll take the fork key! :D[hr]
will give this a proper read through when I get off my phone and can see pics. found out the other day that my front guard is original and that the bike used to be a tri colour as its blue underneath.
PM details and i'll send it over.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

Yo dude, none of the pics are coming up. You're probably used up all your attachment space on the forum. Try uploading them to a photobucket account. Keen to see the progress :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE: Project MaC19

What an epic task to get the photos up. Photobucket worked.
Hope you all enjoy this thread, will update on Sunday.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
RE: Project MaC19

It seemed in good nick to begin with. Should be a shiner when your done. Also that free bench top is a fuckin epic score, need to get me a work bench,

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RE: The MaC19 project

@ upper, the tap and die set is kinchrome, I paid $60 for it on special at Auto one.

@ Aduro, the bike is in great condition but could do with a carby clean.

However, I want to know my bike inside and out so here is a list of things I will be doing to it.

- New pistons and rings
- Carby kits
- Wheel bearings
- Swing arm linkage bearings
- Head set bearings
- Spark plugs
- Tyres
- LED tail light
- Indicators
- Paint engine, forks and tank
- New fairings
- Frame polish

I think that's about it but I may have missed something.
I'm lucky enough to have a fiance who loves my bike as much as I do so budget is not a problem as we both work full time and work pays my rent ATM.
For those who want to know (I don't like secrets) i've spent about 3k over the last 4 months gathering parts and tools but have always believed knowledge is priceless.
I still need to buy fairings and tyres and am definately purchasing myself a sandblast kit in a few weeks (maybe sooner).:D

I'm sure I will have a few questions for the gurus when the engine comes apart.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

nice write up so far, good pics. Oh, I had a wank over the pics of the new tools, hope you dont mind...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

ronski said:
nice write up so far, good pics. Oh, I had a wank over the pics of the new tools, hope you dont mind...
As long as you told them you loved them first.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Good work on forking out for good tools. Quality tools in my opinion (having worked as a mechanical fitter, fitter machinist, hydraulic fitter) are as important as the new parts you're putting on any mechanical device. I started building a tool set at the age of 14, now at 22 the words 'Kingchrome', 'Sidchrome' and 'Snap-On' are the only ones you'll see in my tool box and it gives me quite a chub.

Looks to be a good and thorough build, I'll be watching intently!

·
Registered
179 Posts

Roobiks said:
Good work on forking out for good tools. Quality tools in my opinion (having worked as a mechanical fitter, fitter machinist, hydraulic fitter) are as important as the new parts you're putting on any mechanical device. I started building a tool set at the age of 14, now at 22 the words 'Kingchrome', 'Sidchrome' and 'Snap-On' are the only ones you'll see in my tool box and it gives me quite a chub.

Looks to be a good and thorough build, I'll be watching intently!
I agree abso9lutley. Although I have some repco shite aswell cos its cheap and has a lifetime warranty, I use their wobble bars on the rattlegun and crap like that... Teeheehee. ;P No wonder they hate me.
+1 Snappy/bluepoint
+1 Sidchrome

·
Registered
5,430 Posts

Don't mean to rub all you silly pricks the wrong way, but it's spelt Kincrome. Doesn't make you seem as proud if you can't spell it right.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Upon reading where I explained the job roles I have had in the past, did you at any stage read 'English Teacher'?

I'm at work, have been for the last 8 hours and will be for the next 6. Tired would be an understatement, so, you can eat a whooole sack of dicks, jlyall. :)

1 - 20 of 470 Posts