CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we might make a sticky for what you need when you're road tripping.

Im asking because Im going to Townsville and back on the GPZ in a week or two and havent done those sorts of kms before.

Any recommendations on what to take along? (Bear in mind I'll have a car following me all the way)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
since u can stack everything in the car all you need is ear plugs or headphone.
in the car id take a puncture repair kit including pump and emergency fuel, rain gear and a spare pair of gloves.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First aid kit I suppose would probably be handy...?

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell no! This is suppsed to be a painful but rewarding experience. I have a ute, I could just throw it on the back, but that would be soft. I really want to have a crack at that length of ride. I have a feeling I wont enjoy it when Im doing it, but I can see it'll be one of those things you look back on with fond memories :D

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol chrissybenn, you are the master of mirth and I give you the finger :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Get some of those disposable ear plugs from work or a work wear store. For me, listening to twin yoshi pipes is great. But listening to them at almost the same rpm for hour after hour isn't do great.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There's not much to it if you have a support vehicle. When touring i pack very light, change of clothes, rain gear, tent, chain lube, standard tool kit (incl torch and spare fuses), and camera. There will always be extras which people will tell you can't live without, but i've learnt better to buy it on the road than to lug it around for 3000km and not use it once.

Don't forget the charger for the camera, it has happened to me twice now that i've ran out of battery while touring, it sucks when you get home with only half the pics of your travels.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
brent said:
There's not much to it if you have a support vehicle. When touring i pack very light, change of clothes, rain gear, tent, chain lube, standard tool kit (incl torch and spare fuses), and camera. There will always be extras which people will tell you can't live without, but i've learnt better to buy it on the road than to lug it around for 3000km and not use it once.

Don't forget the charger for the camera, it has happened to me twice now that i've ran out of battery while touring, it sucks when you get home with only half the pics of your travels.
I've only toured once (6 days) but will be doing it again and yes Brent is right, that's all you really need. The only other things I had was a ventura rack & bag to put it all in and an air mattress (one of those red & blue canvass jobbies you get at Aussie Disposals for about $15). The air mattress is easy cos it folds up flat & square and fits perfectly in the bottom of the ventura bag without taking up any real space. Being down south as I am, a sleeping bag is also completely necessary.

'tiK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts