CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got this in a forwarded message the other day, I haven't spread it on because I don't know if it is true or not. I thought I would post it here to see what people think, and to see if any one has any insight into how true, or untrue it is.. (*sorry for caps, I can't be bothered typing it all out again in lower case..)

I have not made any attempt to find out about this, frankly because I can't be bothered, and apart from google, I would not know where to start.. Anyway.. here is a copy and paste job of the email:

*** NOW, LET ME SEE IF I'VE GOT THIS RIGHT....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOUR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY..

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND
YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A POLITICAL
PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET:
* A JOB,
* AN INTERPRETER,
* FREE LEGAL AID,
* A DRIVERS LICENCE,
* A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,
* WELFARE,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DO NOT
GET ENOUGH RESPECT.

Sensationalism? Then think about just this one [not so] small aspect...
The Australian Federal Government provides the following financial assistance:-

Benefits:
AUSTRALIAN AGED PENSIONER

Weekly allowance
$253.00

Weekly Spouse allowance
$56.00

Additional weekly hardship allowance
$0.00

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT
$16,068.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA

Weekly allowance
$472.50

Weekly Spouse allowance
$472.50

Additional weekly hardship allowance
$145.00

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT
$56,680.00

If I were a refugee, why would I look for work? And the current Government is saying that 'elderly Australia ' is going to put the country $100 Bn into debt in the next few years?!
The average pensioner alone has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years; a Defence member voluntarily endures hardship, prepared to give up their life to preserve the way of yours; and the farmer/battler who are the backbones of this Country and Culture - never reaches for a handout but always willing to lend a hand...
When these people rarely, if ever, speak out they are shunned, ridiculed and dismissed by the Government and barely makes a headline in the news. When refugees/immigrants speak out about repression and insensitivity to their culture in Australia , it gets widespread media coverage and quick resolution by Government bodies.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
RE: This is interesting, and a little saddening if true. Opinions and insight please. :)

Kill everyone without a southern cross tattoo.

·
Registered
707 Posts
RE: This is interesting, and a little saddening if true. Opinions and insight please. :)

Sorry dude but my mother, sister and I came here as refugees under a humanitarian visa and we never had weeky\hardship allowance.

We did get a lot of help initially for a month or so then you're on your own.

Most immigrants wouldn't know what systems are there to help them to begin with.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

What's so saddening about being a kick arse country?:huh:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, I know it may have come across as racist, but I don't have a problem with refugee's if they have come thru the correct path (Visa's etc.. like you have, Blim) but rocking up expecting to be allowed in seems a little sketchy to me.. Just sayin'..[hr]
More to the point of having our refugee's treated better than our pensioners.. if it's true, as I said, I don't know whether the figures are true..

·
Registered
13,792 Posts

B-rad said:
Okay, I got this in a forwarded message the other day, I haven't spread it on because I don't know if it is true or not.
Dude can you send me your email address? Your bank sent me an email that was meant for you and I want to forward it, something about changing a password or something. Let me know.

Justin.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts

Eh. If they come, then they come, if they don't, then they don't.

Personally, I don't much care.

·
Registered
13,792 Posts

B-rad said:
I don't have a problem with refugee's if they have come thru the correct path (Visa's etc.. like you have, Blim) but rocking up expecting to be allowed in seems a little sketchy to me.. Just sayin'..[hr]
I don't mean this to be personally offensive, but this is further evidence to me that not everyone is entitled to an opinion and why compulsory voting is self defeating.

B-rad, how much exactly do you know about immigration and refugees? Have you ever considered that when militias are going from town to town hacking people apart with machettes, applying for a visa and booking a flight to Sydney may be a little difficult?

Those in the most need have the least options.

You listed...
North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China... are they examples of how you want Australia to be? Or do you just like the way they treat people of other races?

Justin.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts

Given that most of them turn up in rickety boats with little or no realistic chance of actually making the voyage, and that we'll probably know how many more die in the attempt, I'd say that describing it as "rocking up" is a bit sketchy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yeah for sure man. I'll PM you with the password if you'd like? And I'll include the bank details just to be sure you have the right onw.. You seem nice, I think I can trust you man.[hr]
richo said:
Given that most of them turn up in rickety boats with little or no realistic chance of actually making the voyage, and that we'll probably know how many more die in the attempt, I'd say that describing it as "rocking up" is a bit sketchy.
Well, I didn't mean it like that.. Of course I know these people have put a lot of time and money, and in general risked a lot on the voyage here. Maybe I should have worded it better.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

isn't there a few american hikers currently being detained for almost a year becasue they crossed the Iranian border while hiking?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

Hoorah for new beginnings.

If this thread had been posted in the old forum it would have been a bloodbath.

Well done everyone...

·
Registered
9,703 Posts

Jay said:

Well done everyone...
There's still time.. :angel:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

sir.b said:
B-rad said:
I don't have a problem with refugee's if they have come thru the correct path (Visa's etc.. like you have, Blim) but rocking up expecting to be allowed in seems a little sketchy to me.. Just sayin'..[hr]
I don't mean this to be personally offensive, but this is further evidence to me that not everyone is entitled to an opinion and why compulsory voting is self defeating.

B-rad, how much exactly do you know about immigration and refugees? Have you ever considered that when militias are going from town to town hacking people apart with machettes, applying for a visa and booking a flight to Sydney may be a little difficult?

Those in the most need have the least options.

You listed...
North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China... are they examples of how you want Australia to be? Or do you just like the way they treat people of other races?

Justin.
Well, no, I don't know much about immigration, and I am not about to say I do.
Again, it was just an email I sent.
Maybe here wasn't a great place to put it, but I was more curious as to what the figures for refugee benefits are, and whether they do get more money than our pensioners.

I am not going to lie, I understand completely about why a great country like ours can attract large number of refugee's. I know if I was in somewhere like Iran or Afghanistan I would love to start a new life here.. Who wouldn't?
And I don't take it personally..

·
Registered
13,792 Posts

I'm no lefty 'everyone is welcome' dirty hippie, I don't support opening the doors to everyone and I wouldn't let anyone stay that doesn't have something to offer. With that said, I do think we're obligated to at least look after whoever turns up at our door step before we can find them a permanent home.

We accept about 13,000 refugees a year. That means that for every refugee we accept, the cost of that refugee is split between about 2,000 Australians. Big deal.

America hosts about 500,000 refugees, which is less than how many are in fucking Tanzania. Despite what was said in that email about crossing the Iranian border, there are about a million refugees in Iran right now.

Justin.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

richo said:
Jay said:

Well done everyone...
There's still time.. :angel:
Flame away! Jump on the bandwagon, go on, you know you want to!
I'll try not to go and cry to mummy..

·
Registered
672 Posts

well IMO,
i dont have a problem with refugees, i couldnt imagine what it would be like trying to get your family away from some of the shit that goes on in other countries, but when they "arrive" here and start taking jobs? and recieving so many benefits? its really does seem like a free ride to me, for example: i met a manager of a security firm not so long ago, and he happens to be of indian origin, while i dont have a problem with him working his way up to a decent pay grade just like anyone else, what i do have a problem with is that he openly admits he wil not hire anyone unless they are indian...?
There are ALOT of companies like this in sydney alone, that have a racial criteria for employment. which in my world is fuggin bullshit!
if an australian done the same thing they would be on the front page being called a racist monster.

in my opinion, if the refugees want to live here then they get the same treatment as the rest of us, not better not worse, and definatly not treated like invited fucking guests.

end rant.

PS. I in no way intended on offending anyone. sorry if i did.
oh and the way we just accept everyone with open arms unlike the rest of the world, makes our government look like a bunch of fucking pushover bitches.

·
Registered
13,792 Posts

B-rad said:
Maybe here wasn't a great place to put it, but I was more curious as to what the figures for refugee benefits are, and whether they do get more money than our pensioners.
The figures in the email you got were fabricated. I don't know what the real numbers are, but those numbers are there to get people riled up. The refugee issue is an incredibly minor one here, the numbers are very small and our country has been built by immigration. Our country also has a large number of racist bogan Aussie fuckheads that make a lot of noise because they don't like coloured people, without caring about the facts and the true numbers. It's a contentious issue for me, I'm white and Aussie but blind racism has always annoyed the fuck out of me.

I am not going to lie, I understand completely about why a great country like ours can attract large number of refugee's. I know if I was in somewhere like Iran or Afghanistan I would love to start a new life here.. Who wouldn't?
And I don't take it personally..
We actually attract low numbers of refugees, as I just posted, Iran has a million. When you gotta go you gotta go, and a shit hole where you won't get killed is preferrable to a shit hole where you probably will.

Justin.[hr]
crazylegs said:
but when they "arrive" here and start taking jobs?
They can't win can they? On one side they're slammed for getting benefits, on the other if they get a job they're stealing food from an Aussie table!

while i dont have a problem with him working his way up to a decent pay grade just like anyone else, what i do have a problem with is that he openly admits he wil not hire anyone unless they are indian...?
I have a problem with that too, so does the law, it's illegal.

There are ALOT of companies like this in sydney alone, that have a racial criteria for employment. which in my world is fuggin bullshit!
if an australian done the same thing they would be on the front page being called a racist monster.
LOL, for every Vietnamese restaurant owner that only employs Vietnamese people ($50 cash in hand a night, damn, aren't we missing out?) there are 10 people in suits and ties looking through resumes and discarding anyone with a name they can't pronounce. Yes there's racism amongst immigrants, but I wouldn't want to swap situations with them....

Justin.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

I must say, I'm somewhat heartened by the responses to this thread so far.

And Sir B is right on all fronts. If people make it here then we should give them aid and assess them for who they are and what they have to offer.

He's also right about doing it the "right" way. And people who get Visas and come here and apply for residency are emigrants, not refugees.

Most of the figures in the email are bogus. And beyond that, why the fuck are we comparing Australia with China, Iran, Iraq, North Korea and so on? Seriously. Those countries are fucked, so why in fucks name would we want to be like them?

Our intake of refugees in minute compared to most other advanced countries, so why do we fucking worry about it so much? Because Howard found it and effective tool to scare the populace into voting for him, that's why.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts