CBR250 Forums banner

Thoughts on CBR250rr Movistar fairings?

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Slipry 
#1 ·
So my bike (1990 cbr250rr) is running schmick, and it needs some new fairings. I am thinking about getting blue movistar fairings and installing a carbon fiber exhaust to make the bike look like the picture below. Only problem is that I am a little bit worried that the resale won't be great, because I might struggle to find a buyer who wants a movistar bike.

What are everyones thoughts on this scheme? Should I do it or not? How much would you pay for a bike like this?

See less See more
#2 ·
Fully Licorice bro!

*edit .. for the oldies :p*

I think it looks good, but you're right, it might chop out some of the potential buyers. Then again, who doesn't like a nice shiny bike

G
#3 ·
If you are selling it, why buy new fairings? The fairings wouldn't increase the value of bike more than what those fairings are worth would they? Plus then you would have the old set of fairings and exhaust that you have to try and sell.

#4 ·
I bought the bike very cheap as it had been dropped while going around a corner and the engine was never running since that! I have fixed the engine and now i want some fresh fairings because the old ones are all hacked up from the road. I reckon I could easily get my money back on the fairings and exhaust by making the bike look mint! As for the old fairings and exhaust I would just take whatever someone offers for them within reason. Thanks for the input!!

G
#10 · (Edited)
Oh ok, that makes sense, I didn't realise the old set were all scratched up. Would you look at selling to a dealer? they may not care what fairings are on it, so it might be an easier sale with less risk of losing money, but you will get less cash for the bike. Otherwise, I think that lambs would be looking for shiny, which any colour new fairings would deliver, and having an uncommon colour scheme on your fairings would not hurt your price, no matter what colour scheme you went for, but the repsol one is always a winner :p

#7 · (Edited)
similar situation

bought the bike in a horrible purple colour but got it for a bargain price. After removing the decals the farings were all cracked and just nasty.

I have my sights on a track bike and the value of a mc22 can buy a half reasobable one.

to make it betternthan purple i sprayed the bike with rattle cans in the dark - black...

i have the intention to change farings to help with sale, or bog and spray the existing farings a single colour, or leave it shite for the next lamb (coz its lambs approved) to choose a colour but afraid when someone sees the runs in the finish they will think its a boonga.

so after my cool story, i can see where and what the Op is thinking because im thinking similar...

thoughts are that the potential buyer would prefer gloss and sparkle over anything else (ie the constant bararage of "my bike wont run threads - but has a repsol kit bro")

#8 ·
"my bike wont run threads - but has a repsol kit bro"
haha like it!! ^^
Anyway I know exactly what you mean. My fairings are very scratched up and are black in colour. If I change the colour of the bike it would mean buying new fairings ($500) and then having the tank re pained which would cost around $120. All in all, I need a third party opinion... what colour scheme do you like on the CBR and what would you like it to look like?
Thanks, Thomas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.