CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site after when i randomly saw a pic of a weird coloured cibblet. None of the designs on the site are really to my liking, but the candy apple red to candy apple green sounds awesome but @ 1-Gallon Kit Candy Cane.........$1,600.00 before shipping :s

http://www.freewebs.com/trippininc/

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
cool stuff...looks like thats gonna be the next big thing in paints.....kinda like the chameleon colours were years ago.......

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
For me it lost it novelty after a couple of minutes of watching the videos on the page. I lost interest in 'mood rings' and such when I was a child. ;)

Other than if you're purposely creating a rapid temperature difference to show off the effect, in normal use I'd imagine the transition is too slow for most to even notice. Which sort of defeats the purpose of selling a kidney for show off paint. It wouldn't be eye catching like high contrast pearl paints.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Seems bit gimmicky for I reckon. Would more suit any hektik ricer don't ya reckon bro?

'tiK.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
fo sho!

I'm trying to think of a place on a bike where this might look interesting...
thinking...
thinking...

maybe the engine itself on a naked bike. Assuming it can handle the temp.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
juxt said:
maybe the engine itself on a naked bike. Assuming it can handle the temp.
Even then, the heat will just be one colour when the bike is cold and another when running/warm. Its not likely to be noticed.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Standard temperature is 88 F for all colors. The black based colors standard temperatures are 88 F and 91 F.

THE CUSTOMIZED TEMPERATURE RANGE IS FROM 0 TO 140 DEGEES F

If you wish to place a custom order with other colors or a different trippin temperature point, please give us a call
The more i think about it the more i think think it wouldnt really work on a bike. Tho it would be cool to slap and hand print on tank, but not worth the money.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Wow, maybe you could wear this to match... or not

http://dienu.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/generra_hypercolor.jpg

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
noice... have thought about painting a car with these paints for about 3-4 years. would paint it black and have it change to yellow/red, with a black tribal/flames/stripe design underneath.... mostly on the bonnet though

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hessian said:
Wow, maybe you could wear this to match... or not

http://dienu.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/generra_hypercolor.jpg
Does anyone know where to get the singlets like this? they were out again a few years ago..

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
dayeve said:
$1,600.00 before shipping :s
that would be with a pre-painted set of fairings... if you did it yourself, it would be a shitload cheaper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts