CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Depends, what's faster, a unicorn or a clean pair of Ontik's undies?
(none of the above exist)

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
I thought you were trolling Rich :blush: Ok, the only reason I see it possibly being slower is if it has truly horrible lag. Even setup well it'll be harder to ride fast, but ridden well it should spank the NA.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
BL: Brendan spent over 9000 grand on his CBR without touching the suspension, so there's history behind the comments.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Gus highsided coming onto the main straight at PI on shinkos a few years back. Aarmel was pretty beaten up from his high side.... Pretty sure Aarmel's HS was on a dry track, Gus's definitely was.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Rich: Sliding a motard through turn 1 at PI isn't going to lead to a quicker corner than gripping one through it. It's the same concept as racing a WRX on dirt and on a track, on dirt you want to throw it into the corner point it where you want to end up and then scramble for traction, on the track you'll lose a heap of time driving like that. The motard sliding style only works on slow tight corners because it's all about pointing the bike at the exit as fast as possible and getting on the gas, that style doesn't apply on fast corners.

A one tonne bike may be able to achieve the same mid corner speed as a 100kg bike, but it won't be able to corner as fast as the 100kg bike (braking and accelerating not included) with a puny human riding it because it will be heavier and slower to turn in. Weight cutting obviously helps acceleration and braking, but also improves flickability.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Drew said:
From what I've seen programming is a bit like integration of existing components, somebody else has done the testing, so you put it together and end up with only usability issues, and I'll be the first to admit that user trials are incredibly important if you want somebody to be able to use something comfortably, but for system design its a bit different I don't think there is a clear analogy to programming, but I guess it might be something like starting by designing the chip...
LOL, Drew, I now feel like you must feel when backyarders talk about engineering :D Comparing programming to putting together existing components is like comparing engineering a car from scratch to building a model plane from a box.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Humbug said:
I invented the worlds first ultimate super computer.

(we shall call it my little sister until I can think of a better name)... but it can do simple math functions, think of new ideas, learn, dream, eat sleep and generally be annoying.
I may not be an engineer, but I can apply logic.

You have a sister who does maths, thinks, learns etc.
She is your sister, so you share a mother.
You created her.
With your mother.

Dude.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Humbug said:
there is no need to put shit on my self... other people here do a better job for me.

thanks guys...

not
Are you for real? You started a bullshit thread, got called on it, then started mouthing off about how you trolled everyone. How the fuck can you cry about getting shit piled on you on the same day as you troll the forum?

You deserve everything you get Brendan. People gave you another chance, even Richo, and what do you do? Troll. Nice one.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
richo said:
I'm receptive to feedback. Unless it opposes something I'm pretty sure I read somewhere once, in which case it's probably wrong.
You can't believe everything you read Richo. I read on a toilet wall that I could call your mobile number for a good time... ok, bad example.

:blush:

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
A motor that is peaky will feel faster than a motor with linear power, even when the linear motor has more power (within reason).

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Jonno: You'd need to be pushing eleventy billion PSI into a 250 to make it as quick as a big bike, this is an exercise in coolness more than results.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
I'm not quite sure yet if having an animated avatar is TOO distracting, though I think the answer is yes... :blush:

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Tromac said:
For an attention seeking post whore.
I told you today about beige, that was a perfect opportunity to use it, and you'd have taken the new forum's beige virginity which means one of the two of you would no longer be virgins.

But, guilty as charged :blush:

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Wasn't it supposed to have been a privately owned bike? How did they get their hands on the Zeal's turbo kit?

Perhaps it exploded on the dyno? ;)

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9572/fullarticlezt2.jpg

Honestly, the numbers are so ridiculous that it SCREAMS April fools joke to me.

They're claiming 45fp @ 18000 RPM, which works out to 154hp @ 18,000 RPM, despite their claimed max hp figure of 105hp (again a completely farcical number)... it's fucked.

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
20,000 rpm efi conversions aren't "done all the time".

Justin.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
You didn't, but I'm telling you that efi conversions on these motors are trickier. Don't be a sook.

Justin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.