CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyga Brakelight Upgrade

Now ready :dance:

As many people know, the Tyga brakelights are pretty bad. I've been asked plenty of times by Tyga owner to make an upgrade to fix this. I've even had people asking if changing the LEDs already in there would help much and what to use. Unfortunately there is no magic to fix a lame circuit. But I can replace that circuit :)

These are the new brakelights I've shown in the previous thread, as well as shown on my facebook wall. They are now finished :)

These make a massive difference. Top pics show the original with brake off, brake on. Bottom shows the difference the upgrade makes. No camera tricks or photoshop.

Should point out... if you go hunting for LED brakelights or LED indicators, you'll often find the pictures and info provided to be pathetic. A lot of the time they don't provide a picture of them in DAYLIGHT and on the bike. Usually because they aren't good enough, so you just get benchtop pics in the dark or even without the brakelight on at all. That's not the case here... plenty of info on this new part, as they are really good!

It has a few different modes you can choose from when the brake is off. Change them by turning on ignition and flashing the brakelight a number of times.
You can also change the brightness... low, medium and high.

Below is my favorite mode.

This is a proper piece of kit...

Only selling the "upgrade module". I cannot sell a full brakelight lens, as I cannot find a supplier of those parts.
You can upgrade it yourself. I've got a PDF of instructions on the website for doing this.
Or, you can send your brakelight to me and I'II upgrade it for you.

I'm providing the DIY option because it's cheaper, and would prefer to see more people with Tyga kits upgrade for a safer brakelight.
Otherwise, send your brakelight to me and I'II do all the work for you.

DIY Fitment Kit $67 inc gst.
Send your brakelight to me $92 inc gst.

For the full details, check the webpage for them.

Any questions... fire away ;)

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hrmm.... thanks for asking. Indicators are a market I've kinda avoided. Mostly because China can pump out a pair for under $15. But the usual story, overexposed picture to compensate and never showing a picture of them on during daylight. Never really looked at the market wanting to spend as much as the watsendesign LED indicators though. Not something I'd have the time to get into though ;-(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Eclipze, I'd love this upgrade as I'm always worried people can't see my brake lights during the day. However, I have tried before to remove the light unit from the Tyga tail and found it all but impossible (unless I hack away the mounts for the light). Even when I got the bike painted, the painter left the unit in and just masked it up. Is there any trick to removing the light unit from the tail? I know that Tyga has changed their designs over the years (so it might be different on your test bike) but even following the advice from Tyga I couldn't remove it!

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ASTAR removed the brakelight in the one we fitted the other weekend. He said he tried different angles, but it just came down to a descent open palmed slap to dislodge it. I guess the rubber grommets are just compressed and holding it in position.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ASTAR removed the brakelight in the one we fitted the other weekend. He said he tried different angles, but it just came down to a descent open palmed slap to dislodge it. I guess the rubber grommets are just compressed and holding it in position.
Well in about a month when I have enough "fun" money to spend I'll purchase this kit and a headlight upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts