CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw this article on the herald sun then.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/young-driver-night-ban-to-reduce-victorias-road-toll/story-e6frf7jo-1225873262027

main points that caught my eye were

Speed limiters for lead foots : government wont do because then it loses the revenue it budgets for. Would like to see it happen for people consistently caught 30 kp/h over. myself included if need be.

TOUGHER mobile phone laws for young drivers.: id like to see some stats on young drivers vs tradies vs early 20's women vs mid 30's business men.. why just target the p platers, fair enough targeting mobile phone use, but P platers would be just the tip of the iceberg in regards to mobile phone use.

one decent bit of information from a copper tho
The big challenge is to get all road users acknowledging they have a responsibility. This is not just about hoon drivers. It's every driver
its good they bring this up, most people probably think they are driving 100% safe just because they arent speeding or doing burnouts etc... they might not be checking blind spots, looking properly before pulling out or even indicating, but if they arent speeding they think they are doing the right thing in regards to safety.

opinions?

R

·
0 Posts
Most people think they are doing the right thing if they can't get fined for their actions. The notion of personal responsibility in any situation is severely overlooked.

If a car cuts you off without seeing you, are you riding in thier blind spot? Both parties can be at fault, not just the driver cutting you off. Unless they are indian cab drivers, because chances are they don't have a licence and are working under their familty member's taxi licence.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
They're just not hitting us hard enough with sticks, are they? Meh, I'm a long way away from being a P plater these days but it's just more of the same. The Vic gubmint has lost its motherfucking mind. We're the most policed motorists in the world and they have this view that they have sooo much more policing to do yet. They won't stop until we've all got a cop riding shotgun directing us to the impound for letting our wheel touch the boundary of a bus lane.

'tiK.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
These people are fucking morons... most people die inside the city doing under the speed limit.

If you don't believe me go to the TAC website and have a look at the stats tool that they've got there, the single largest group of people who die on the roads are people who are involved in a fail to give way left, right or U turn and they've got the special people in blue on the fucking freeway.

S

·
0 Posts
I haven't had a fine in over 10 years until I was in Vic recently. Got done in Torana doing 73 in 60 zone thinking I was in a 70 zone cause the sign up ahead was a 70 about 2 months ago when I was in VIC.

Sneaky speed camera car that I didn't even see, let alone think i was speeding. My wife got done driving to VIC to see me and again she hasn't had a fine in 10 years.

My mate (who was also working with me in VIC) and his wife both got done in similar situations..

Got to love VIC for revenue raising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts