CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am after some brand new tread . does anyone have or no anyone tht has some or any aftermarket places around tht would sell them cheap. genuine will cost all up about $500 is tht a good price or very expensive?????

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
hahaha oh god
i thought i was the only one who didn't understand this

aftermarket? tyres are aftermarket as far as i know, coz i've never seen any honda or yamaha tyres
and i've never seen fake bridgestone etc either, maybe if you buy it from china
so tyres are genuine

what riding are you planning to do? like track or commuting?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Brisons Motorcycle Wreckers?
5 South St, Rydalmere NSW 2116
(02) 9638 7140

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
you can get a good set of tyres for the 250 for less than $400

make sure you get genuine.....those fake arrowmaxes suck apparently =)

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I don't know about that, the battleax arrowmaxes are actually pretty good I have heard. They don't last quite as long, but they have better grip.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I hope you realise I was joking... :D

Edit: there was a thread on the old forum where someone said battleaxes were arrowmaxes or something like that, as such.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I'm really loving my arrowmaxes.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
^^^What do you like about them? You should write up a review some time soon, when you feel you know about about them that is. I saw people recommending them on other forums...

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
ok.. before you will get any half helpfull response you might want to post what bike you have, where you are (area), and what tyres you have on now.... otherwise.. well shake that magic 8 ball and see what happens! lol

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
banana.logic said:
^^^What do you like about them? You should write up a review some time soon, when you feel you know about about them that is. I saw people recommending them on other forums...
I'm going to at some point. I'm still putting time on them before I come to any conclusions. They have decent grip when warm, and when cold I'm making progress on learning to back it in much quicker than I was on the michi's! :D

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
If that's the case, dunlop alpha-10's are pretty easy to get your hands on, the bridgestone bt030's or whatever they are are a bit harder to get but they are even more aggressive profile than the dunlops. But unless you are a really really good rider I don't think you will be able to push either of them to their limits.

on a side note, it is pretty easy to check the major tyre manufacturers' website's to find out what tyres they currently make and what they are intended for and what sizes they come in; so easy in fact that I don't really know why people still ask these questions. Not to mention the tyre thread in the cbr250 section http://cbr250.com/forum/thread-18.html

:)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
jordan10 said:
i have a cbr250rr the one in my pic. i am after some sports/racing road legal tyres

dude....the bike in your pic isnt a cbr250rr........
are you selling parts from that bike?!

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
richo said:
banana.logic said:
I'm going to at some point. I'm still putting time on them before I come to any conclusions. They have decent grip when warm, and when cold I'm making progress on learning to back it in much quicker than I was on the michi's! :D
Just wait till you get them on a mildly moist surface; say goodbye to grip and hello to fun... or pain as the case may be, but hopefully not, seems like you have the skills to avoid that kind of thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts