CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 794 Posts

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread to post up the little things you do to your bike that doesn't warrant a thread of its own.

Eg. Installed new bits, repaired/serviced something, modified something etc...

Photos welcome.

Today I removed the aftermarket CNC clip-ons from my VTR and put a secondhand OEM back on it.

SOOO much better when everything just fits nicely like it's designed to. :)

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
RE: What have you done to your bike today?

I went into Team moto Honda Nerang and checked to see if they got the parts in to replace the borked ones.

Probs will get the bike back next week. :\ :)

·
Registered
645 Posts

Started stripping all the fairings off. Finally got time now and have another bike to use as a daily for the moment.

Wondering what to do with the '19...

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

Moving house and just left it there and asked them to replace the things I need to ride the bike again.

I supplied a new H-frame, indicators and just need new bar ends and a rear brake lever. Oh and the rear RH fairing is being welded.

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hmm, you could do that all yourself, or get me to help you, and save hundreds of dollars :S

What cond is the 19 shockdesign?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

I put my race baffled pipes on, and finally took off the front reflectors everyone was whinging about, but now I have to get the adhesive residue off.....

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

^ why were they off?

Lol BFA, peer pressure, peer pressure

·
Registered
14,538 Posts

Because I've been lazy and preoccupied with the other three new bikes it's taken me the better part of a year to plastic weld the lugs on the headlight, clean the carbs, swap the plugs and re assemble her... Poor bike... Just been sitting under a blanket for ages. Almost all sorted. Then, I get to try and sell it again since my dad decided to buy a brand new gixxer instead of take the 9R off me.

Can't say I blame him, it also meant he didn't have to ride it back to SA from QLD.

I also looked at the WR450 with contempt, grunted and had a cigarette.

I've done more work to the ZX9 in the last three hours than I have in the last three months...[hr]
Lol are you bored codebrah?[hr]
Shame youre down on the coast, could've used a beer buddy while in the garage tonight

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

TheBFA said:
I put my race baffled pipes on, and finally took off the front reflectors everyone was whinging about, but now I have to get the adhesive residue off.....
I recently bought a bottle of this stuff and it works a treat for adhesives. http://www.orangepower.com.au/sticky-spot-goo-dissolver/

Very pricey though...[hr]
CodeBlue said:
Hmm, you could do that all yourself, or get me to help you, and save hundreds of dollars :S

What cond is the 19 shockdesign?
Yeah I know. I am f**king lazy. This bike is costing me quite a bit atm and it is getting to the point where I will have to start doing stuff myself.

At least after this weekend I will have a new flat to myself and not have to worry about anyone. Living with relatives NEVER WORKS! :|

·
Registered
14,538 Posts

I a pinch hot soapy water helps, otherwise any citrus based household cleaner should get it off, just make sure not to leave any of it on your paint when youre done just to be on the safe side.

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Is the WR450 a motard?

Yeah im bored, i'm on surgical night shift at work, had 4 codeblues within 10 minutes earlier, but it's dead now (no pun intended :D )

Otherwise i'd totally be up for a beer and a fiddle in the shed haha

I just bought a set of mc19 headers on ebay for $35!
Here comes slash-cut 2.0 :D I think i might put a little sound absorbing material in this one... maybe not

It'll be this again on the outside

Maybe something like this inserted into the 3"pipe (far enough down so u cant see it), wrapped in steel wool and shit. Anyone know a good product that might work?

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I think i just found exactly what i want for $30 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-EXHAUST-Baffle-3-JAP-CAN-SILENCER-DB-KILLER-/280734355327?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415d124f7f

·
Registered
16,699 Posts

Put the pillion seat on to transport a mate of mine to a bbq tonight :p First time in a long time since I will have a pillion .. and he will likely be pissed on the way home :S Is that even legal ..

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

hahaa, i dunno bout legal but definitely risky .... I wouldnt want a wobbly drunk as a pillion[hr]
Saw a motard in town couple of days ago. sooo want to give one a test ride. i think i'd like them.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

I took my bike off it's stands today and rode it for the first time since monday lunch time...not bad considering it's my only transport :p
thinking it will be up on the stands again tomorrow and having a decent clean :)

·
Banned
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

nice one :) What u doing tmr? can i pop over and use ur stand for some chain care?

1 - 20 of 794 Posts