CBR250 Forums banner

What's this MC22 worth?

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  eXphoid 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wondering what you think a friend's CBR250RR is worth, as I may be selling it for him soon. Can't remember what the model is but I think it's a late model. (94-96)

-Brand New Fairings
-New Pads
-New Tyres
-Carby just cleaned
-Starts fine and runs well
-10 months rego

Only real downside is it shows 85,000kms.

What do you guys think it would be worth?

Cheers

#5 ·
10 Nigerian Dollars.

I will take one for the team and pay this hefty fee.

Seriously, pics are needed. And what its worth is what someone pays for it

#6 ·
I don't have pics at the moment. And obviously it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it. Most MC22's in this sort of condition I've seen go for about 4-4.5k. I'm just wondering if the km's would really put people off..?? Although I'm sure MC22's for sale displaying 20,000kms have done just as many kms as my mates bike.. :p

#11 ·
He's not expecting 5k for it. 4-4.5k would be great.

He's thinking about putting new fairings on it and cleaning the carby, but before he spends the money he'd like to be sure he can get 4k from it..
I think if it didnt have 80,000kms on the clock he could easily get more than 4k for it.. but unfortunately not..

#17 ·
roobars said:
viper33 said:
dazz245 said:
Ride it for another 20000km :D
and then sell it as a brand new, never used cbr 250
"got it delivered from the shop and never rode it coz i knew id be able to sell it one day for a good price"
just hook the speedo nut up to you 240 drill and let it go full speed for a few hours..... or overnight :p hehe
only problem is that there will be an inconsistancy with the rego papers and what the odometer shows..

#18 ·
=P If your friend is patient enough he can more likely get what he's after.

To give you an idea I just picked up an MC22 for $3100 with a RWC. ( Talked down from 3750 =] )

65,000km's.. and looking at the history i'd say its pretty spot on. Recently had:
- spark plugs replaced
- carbies cleaned
- new chain
- lubricated piston rings & valves
- general service

Goes well comparing to some other CBR's I looked at buying. This one also had great fairings.. only a minor crack under the seat which doesn't bother me :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.