CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a handy little device at our local electronics shop, tells the time and battery voltage all in one little unit, but now I am stuck wondering where to put it on my MC22... Was thinking somewhere around the gauges, so I can read it while riding (obviously) but it doesn't really fit anywhere...

Any ideas...?

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/products_uploaded/productLarge_3526.jpg

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=XC0118&CATID=24&form=CAT&SUBCATID=669

My dash area... (GPS not shown fitted to H-Frame)

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Your butt.

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
Damn you Richo.

Justin.

·
Registered
27,301 Posts
Make room for it in the dash someplace

PS - Shouldnt you have thought of where you gonna install it before you bought it?

·
Registered
14,538 Posts
if you see a yellow ducati for sale cheap keith, would you just buy it, or would you go "hmmm i wonder if i have room in my garage"

:p

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If it clutters up the dash, put it in the boot.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I think the whole unit is fairly useless. I thought the main reason for it would be te o see the battery condition.

·
Registered
27,301 Posts
Merudo said:
if you see a yellow ducati for sale cheap keith, would you just buy it, or would you go "hmmm i wonder if i have room in my garage"

:p
I wonder about garage space actually :angel:

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Put it on the inside of your helmets visor. Awesome HUD!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is there space for it on your top triple clamp? You could stick it on with double sided tape. I think I've seen similar units mounted on CBRs before.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, wont fit very nicely on the triple clamp. Have resigned it to the "one day I'll get around to fitting it" job list... (Maybe after I get a KOSO RX2N digital dash setup...!)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Bluemc22 had one very similar to that. Made him a custom plate so he could put it to the top right of the dash from memory. But without a custom plate, no way of doing it really.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^ Hmmm idea... I could fabricate a plate to mount off the inside of the mirror bolts, so that it sits nicely above the brake reservoir / temp gauge...

Might look into this. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Yeah otherwise you could make up a plate that bolts through the black plugs that hold on your foam surround around the dash. Just use the two in the centre and essentially have an L shaped piece.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The most adventurous i have got with electrical systems on a bike is replacing blinkers (standard, not LED). is there much work involved in hooking one of those up?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mitchal said:
The most adventurous i have got with electrical systems on a bike is replacing blinkers (standard, not LED). is there much work involved in hooking one of those up?
No, it's as simple as just wiring it onto your batteries terminals, then running the wires to wherever it is that you want to mount the unit.

Pretty simple.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts