CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else a soccer fan?

Been out've touch these couple of years so not too familiar with team/player history comming into this world cup.

TV normally does the build up/info spreading a couple of weeks before hand and the in match commentry fills you in. Unfortunately I'm in China and they dont know jack.

Anyone seen any good english build up videos downloadable from the net?

P.S Go Aussie! We beat NZ, NZ beat Serbia, so by association we also beat Serbia! Passing the group stages for sure!:p

·
Registered
11,396 Posts
I dont fancy our chances, but as long as no one blows up the place or stampeding elephants eat everyone, then thats a win enough for me

·
Registered
186 Posts
http://www.smh.com.au/world-cup-2010/world-cup-news/socceroos-can-beat-england-and-make-last-eight-20100529-wmeq.html
good article with Les Murray, Rale Rasic, Bosnich and Wade give their opinion here

the plan is to get second place after Germany, and then give the Poms (our most likely opponent) a run for their money in the Round of 16, anything after that is a bonus

btw SBS website should be good for videos

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hookay

Australia will get knocked out in group stage. even though germany dont have ballack and ghana dont have essein (key players, both from chelsea...fuck yea! the double!.......getting off topic) they'll still top us.

The winner will probably come from Europe, but i think South America will be represented by Argentina. Brazil will get knocked out in semi's.

My prediction: Spain, they have good, solid, young players. Their core team, Torres and Xavi (forgetting a few) are all young and top class. Coming off from Euro 2008 victory, I think they have what it takes.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I love it how everyone heads to the pub at 3am or whatever time to watch the game and have a beer, half asleep, but as the game starts everyone starts going mental esp if we score!
Should be good this time round living in Jindy, hopefully there will be a strong following down there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts