CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MC22s were never imported by an OEM here, so I am looking in Canada and Mexico as well as for the rare import in the U.S. I will consider MC19s/MC17s if the mileage is low and the condition is good. Prefer 1993 and older.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind the availability of parts. MC19 parts are hard to find, MC17 parts near impossible. MC22 was produced for a longer period of time, and that gives you more chances of getting spares.
Thanks for the tip! Limiting my purchase to an mc22. Next year the 1990 models will be exempt from NHTSA testing here, which saves $$$$!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found

Thanks for the tip! Limiting my purchase to an mc22. Next year the 1990 models will be exempt from NHTSA testing here, which saves $$$$!
A lurker here PMed me shortly after posting. It may not be the 45hp model I was hoping for, but tracking down the parts to make it so is the kind of challenge I like.

·
Registered
178 Posts
there is an MC22 in toronto who needs LOTS of love, looks like it has 100 000 km more than the clock shows. 4400$

Nuakjdm.ca

i bought mine there last year... the guy is not a mechanic and has no idea of the condition of the bikes he sells ... so you have to watch out a little.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I've found one. I considered nuak as they had the right year at a cheaper price, but the importation process killed my desires for that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts